Friday, February 5, 2010

Runner girl

It wasn't so long ago that I would say to people that "the only reason a girl like myself should ever have to run is if someone is chasing me." I would scoff at these joggers and runners as they wrecked their joints and embraced their shin-splints with pride. That was never going to be me.

Never say never.

Fast forward to present day. I am almost half way through training for a half-marathon. That's right, a half-marathon. 13 point 1 miles to be exact. Have I gone crazy? Maybe. Actually, I have this amazing friend who convinced me that it would be "fun."

So I have faithfully been going to the YMCA and climbing onto the treadmill 3 to 4 days each week since January. Each week my runs get longer, 3 short runs and 1 long run. This week my long run was 6 miles. Which I counted as half of my half-marathon. So I'm feeling pretty proud.

OK, so to be honest I do have an ulterior motive to all this running. I really want to fit into my "skinny jeans." They are 2 sizes smaller than me right now, but I am seeing progress. :)

Well, there is one other thing. I want the digits. 13.1 on the back window of my car.

"The half" is the last weekend of March. Maybe I will be in those jeans by then. But you can be certain, as soon as I cross that finish line, the digits are going on the car!!!

Run girl run.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers