Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello there

Well, it has been some time since I have posted anything of personal relevance to the blog, mainly because I am not sure that anyone reads it but me...in some aspects the blog serves somewhat as a journal I guess. So here's some updates for posterity:
We are over half way through the summer. So far we have been to Myrtle Beach to visit mom, and the kids stayed an extra 7 days for a total of 10 altogether. Tyler and Sydney have also participated in a VBS at our former church, and this week are doing another much larger VBS at the church we have been attending regularly. Tyler has also been playing baseball all summer as a St Stephens All Star. The team is, well to put it bluntly, not good. But he is having fun, and I am proud to say that their losing record has yet to dampen his spirits- he's just happy to play the game. Tyler also completed a week of golf camp, which he loved too. Sydney is a great swimmer this summer, her strokes are smooth and I think she would do well on swim team, something we may look into later. As for me and Shane, well I had my annual trip to Texas for a Premier Designs conference; had a fantastic time & returned with a renewed vision for my business....Shane has been sweating it out in this miserable heat with his landscaping company, and as of this week will be taking a well deserved break for a few days of golf in the mountains with his college buddies. OH, and we celebrated 11 years of marriage in June with a night away from the kids in Raleigh.
So now, it is the last week of July...coming up quick are the kids birthdays and school. We need prayer about school, as we have yet to decide what that will look like for both of them (can you say procrastination?) It's a big decision that needs to be made and we have been dreading it, but the time has come to make up our minds: private school, public school, or homeschool. I pray God grants us the wisdom to choose well and to hear His will on the situation.
Ok, well I think this has been a good little synopsis...until next time. ~CTH

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers