Friday, January 2, 2009

Daniel Fast begins...
Today begins my 21-day fast. I am entering into this fast for a couple of reasons. First, my body needs to be purged of the accumulation of toxins from too much holiday indulgence. Secondly and more importantly, it will clear my mind of all that is keeping me spiritually unhealthy, and from all that is keeping my heart from what God has planned for me for 2009.
I hope to complete this journey both physically and spiritually renewed by January 23rd.
If you are reading this, please pray for me to have the endurance to stay the path and for Him to draw me in closer during this time so that I may more clearly hear His voice in my life.
And so it begins with this simple prayer: Lord, please guide me on this 21 day journey. Help me to battle the daily temptations to break the fast for earthly pleasures. Renew me in mind, body, and spirit so that I may know you better. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers