Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fear not......

I will admit, I started off this afternoon pretty stressed. Fearful even. But first let me say that this morning was great! The kids were at school, so Shane and I got to go running together...something we have not done in YEARS. But afternoon brought reality crashing back on me. Primarily, that I had taken too much time off of work and now I am woefully behind, which creates a major financial strain on us. But the pity party that I wanted to throw was not going to put cash in my bank account, much less pay the tuition bill that's due, so that meant it was time to get it together! I love the verse from Ephesians 3:20, "For God can do exceedingly, abundantly MORE than I can ever hope, dream, or imagine." I don't have a lot of scripture memorized, but I cling to that one a lot because I am often stressed out and fearful of what lies ahead. But then I think, is this bigger than my God? No way!!! He can do ANYthing!!! Including a *huge* blessing of my efforts this evening "at work." Please let me be a good steward of the blessings He has given me tonight, and help me to remember to Fear Not, because my God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are good, good words, Cori. We are getting ready to enter a season of financial "un-secureness" as I am going to take a year off with baby Jack...and our income will decrease by 60% for those 12 months. I am so often tempted to fear but God keeps bringing me back to the fact that HE will provide. His promises really do restore and are alive and active!

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers