Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going vegan....

So I began 2010 by going on a 21 day fast, similar to last year's Daniel Fast but without the exclusion of caffeine (hey I'm a mom, I need my Coke Zero and coffee!) Anyway, the fast ended on Thursday, and I must say that I honestly enjoyed everything I ate (lots of veggies, fruits, and whole grains...no bread, meats, dairy, eggs.) However, trying to integrate what was once "normal foods" has proven to be somewhat difficult. The mind is willing, the body is putting up a fight. It started when I tried to have a yogurt with some granola for lunch on Friday. Harmless enough right? Not a Big Mac or a steak, just a low-cal yogurt. But boy, was I queasy. Later that evening I tried to eat some chicken tortilla soup. YUCK. Tasted terrible. Saturday I had cereal, something I had not had in 3 weeks. Here comes the queasy again. Lunch was chicken noodle soup, which was okay...hey maybe I'm turning the corner. Dinner was calabash seafood. Shane is surprised as I hungrily eat my flounder and oysters. The rest of the evening is uneventful, and I think we are finally in the clear. But alas, today's eggs, grits, and latte are sitting in my belly and talking to me in a not-so-nice way.
I never intended this fast to become a lifestyle, and I don't want to be "that girl" at dinner parties and in restaurants who can't eat anything because she's VEGAN, but I really need to listen to my body right now. And it's NOT WORTH IT feeling like I'm going to puke just for the sake of eating "normal food." I am at a crossroads, to be or not to be...Vegan.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers