Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009!!!

As we close in on the last hours of 2009, I thought it would be appropriate to reflect on the past year. So many things have happened this year, and for some reason it seems to have been such a long year that it is hard to remember all the way back to January! But I will certainly try!

January- We went to Atlanta for my annual Premier Regional Rally, and we also had our first big snow of the year!
February- Shane and I were treated to a cruise to Mexico without kids. Cold, but a nice vacay.
March- The polish incident: Sydney pours an entire bottle of hot pink nail polish on the sofa and her feet.
April- I cut all of my hair off. Spent a long weekend in DC at the Gaylord, and caught up with an old friend there. Syd was bitten by a camel at the petting zoo at church. We also spent a week at Myrtle Beach with my mom for Easter, and Syd showed off her new-found underwater swimming skills (@ age 3!)
May- Mother's Day Tea with Sydney and her preschool class. Tyler graduated from Kindergarten! Welcome to summer.
June- Both kids played Tball/baseball with the YMCA. Shane became official with a logo for Eden's Gate. Lots of days at the pool. Shane and I celebrate 10 years of marriage. First of many trips to Carowinds on the season pass. VBS for both kids at HTLC.
July- 4th of July kids parade downtown. We decorated bikes and scooters accordingly. Also spent the 4th at the lake with friends and a boat. Great fireworks! Annual trip to Dallas, TX for Premier's National Rally. Returned with (undiagnosed) swine flu. Kids spent a week at Mimi's at the beach.
August- Birthday month. Tyler turned 7 and Sydney turned 4. Partied accordingly! Also, school started again by month's end. Tyler begins 1st grade- and stays for lunch and until 3pm for the 1st time @ school. Syd goes to preschool 3 days a week instead of just 2. Goodbye summer.
September- Shane's birthday and his last one as a "thirty-something." Went to a UNC game, wandered around Chapel Hill, and had dinner with some good friends that we rarely see. Tyler lost some baby teeth Also, found that I could be "crafty" and made my first tutu.
October- My birthday. Annual trip to Grandfather Mountain. One last trip to Carowinds for Howl-o-fest. Trip to the pumpkin patch with Sydney. Various Halloween festivities and house party pre-trick or treating.
November- Visit to Oxford. Fishing with Grandaddy. Thanksgiving with Gigi. Trip to SugarPlum to find a Christmas tree. I discover how much fun painting bisque can be!
December- Lots of baking! Tyler sings in school Christmas program. Syd is an angel in the preschool pageant. Trip to Oxford, and also to mom's new "castle" at Myrtle Beach. Kids have their first White Christmas! Santa spoils the kids as only Santa can do.

Whew! What a year! I'm sure I have missed more than a few details. But it is safe to say that it has been a very full year, and we have been very fortunate and very, very blessed.

So now it is Goodbye 2009, and Happy New Year 2010!
May the Lord bless this year with more than we could ever hope, or dream, or imagine!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers