Saturday, August 21, 2010

Less is more

So we have been a quite the tight budget this month, with the two little monkeys' birthdays and all. Being said, I am once again learning the valuable lesson of "less is more," especially in the kitchen.

For example, instead of going to the Olive Garden for dinner, I can boil pasta and toss it with fresh basil and tomatoes from my garden, add a little garlic and parm and voila! A tasty dinner that is way cheaper than a trip to the OG. Oh and believe you me, Coldstone's got nothing on my baby's ice cream creations made at home! And really, does anything say summer like a supper made exclusively of vegetables from your own garden?

Sometimes it really is good to rediscover what magic can happen with just a few pennies in the kitchen! :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is our official family homepage. I hope to share pictures, thoughts, prayers, hopes, dreams, and maybe a few recipes too. I am married to my soulmate Shane, who is so good to me. We have two gorgeous, rambunctious, sweet, funny kiddos. Tyler is 8, and Sydney is 5. They keep us on our toes, and we are better in every way because of them! Life can be stressful and hectic at times, but we know that God has us exactly where He wants us to be- we are so blessed!

Followers